Coconut water is really refreshing from the fridge. It's the best thing on Earth on a hot summer day!
In fact, my raw foodie friend only drinks coconut water! She doesn't even drink normal boiled water!! Every morning, her mum would crack open a few coconuts and pour the delicious drink into recycled glass bottles and just store them in the fridge for drinking.
Because coconut water is so delicious, I decided to make a shake based on it! :D And of course, my favourite Chai spice shall be the star!!!
I added coconut flesh to make it creamy. If you blend coconut flesh, you will get coconut milk (with some chewable bits though. If you want it smooth, just pour through a filter), so it's really fragrant!
This recipe makes 2 creamy shakes so you can share it with your friend, or just have it both by yourself! ^^
Ingredients (Makes 2 creamy shakes):
- 400ml young Thai coconut water
- 40g young Thai coconut meat
- 20g agave nectar / maple syrup / honey
- 2 teaspoons chai spice mix
- 2 teaspoon soy lecithin powder/ soymilk powder / 100ml unsweetened soymilk *if using sweetened soymilk, you may omit or reduce agave nectar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- cinnamon/nutmeg powder for garnish
1. Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. You can add more chai spice or sweetener according to your own taste.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon powder over this refreshing creamy drink!
'Like' us on Facebook to get delicious updates EVERY DAY! :D