Tuesday 6 November 2012

Hearty Shiromiso Soup

I bought some good white miso in the weekend. White miso is sweet and very versatile. You can make sauces or soups with it. You can also smear it on vegetables or meat and grill it. You can also fry it with rice. I recommend you to buy and try! ^^

This was last night's dinner as I was suddenly craving for lots of vegetables and hot soup. 

This is not vegan or vegetarian though it can be easily changed by using vegetable/konbu stock instead of using fish stock. You can also omit salmon meat inside. :)



Ingredients (Makes 2~3 servings):

- 1/2 piece Japanese Sweet Potato
- 100g Salmon chunks / Pork slices
- 2cm Daikon, chopped
- 1/3 piece of Carrot, chopped
- 1/4 piece of Lotus Root, chopped into tiny pieces
- 2 pieces Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 piece Spring Onion, chopped 
- dash of Sesame Oil, to fry ingredients
- 600ml Soup made with vegetable/konbu/fish stock
- 2 tablespoons White Miso


1. In a soup pot over a high heat, fry all the vegetables and meat with sesame oil.

2. Pour in soup and boil the vegetables till they are soft. Cover with lid. Turn to small flame.

3. When ingredients are soft, mix in white miso. Use a pair of chopsticks over the spoon of miso to stir and dissolve miso into the soup.



It's really very easy and a comforting food. You can have it with rice for a simple meal.

Recipe is what I would have ideally put into my soup. But yesterday I could only find spinach, carrots, cabbage, salmon and onions in my pantry. So I put those in. Very versatile soup. Please try it! :)

* I added soymilk powder (about 50g) when I made this again and it was so creamy and delicious! You can try it! I also added rolled oats. hahaha! You can try~ ^^

Where to Buy:

My delicious white miso that is still fermenting! I bought it from Isetan Supermarket, $12.80.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...